There are times when the simplest of recipes can taste sinfully delicious. Fortunately for coconut lovers, the following cake recipe is one of those delightfully scrumptious surprises. The cake is deceitful as it is not only cool to the taste but has the ability to taste both light and rich at the same time.
The following dessert recipe has many advantages when searching for something special to prepare for guests. The ingredients in this recipe are few, making it easy to purchase what you need to prepare a wonderful dessert when you have guests invited to dinner. Most of ingredients can be kept on hand in the pantry and freezer. The recipe is so simple and quick to make, allowing you to devote more time and attention to the actual meal you are preparing. The taste is delectable and is sure to impress your guests. This recipe can be made the night before you are planning to serve it, freeing even more of your time on the day your guests are to arrive.
This cake must be refrigerated after preparation and must stay refrigerated except while being served. You will need a covered sheet cake pan in which to prepare it.
REFRIGERATED COCONUT CAKE
1 White Cake Mix
1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
One 15 Ounce Cream of Coconut
One 8 Ounce tub Cool Whip
Fresh Coconut flakes
* Bake the white cake by the directions on the box. Bake it in a 9 X 13 inch sheet cake pan which has a cover.
* Allow the cake to cool before proceeding.
* Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke several holes through the cake in random places.
* Mix the Eagle Brand Condensed Milk and the Cream of Coconut together.
* Pour one half the Eagle Brand milk-Cream of Coconut mixture evenly over the cake.
* In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining half of Eagle Brand milk-Cream of Coconut mixture with the Cool Whip. Mix together well.
* Frost the top of the cake with the Cool Whip mixture.
* Garnish the top of the frosting with a layer of fresh coconut flakes.
* Refrigerate until time to serve.
If you and your family like coconut, you will love this cake. Try this quick and easy to prepare recipe the next time you decide to make a coconut cake. You will be pleasantly surprised how delicious this cake is.