There is nothing as soothing as coffee in the winter. Just the smell of coffee brewing can make you feel warmer.
To add to your coffee enjoyment, try making a pumpkin latte. You can make your own version at home, spending just a fraction of the cost that you would incur at a coffee shop.
And you do not have to purchase an expensive espresso coffee machine to make your pumpkin latte. All you will need is coffee, a whisker (an electric frother is recommended), milk, pumpkin flavored creamer and pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Below are the steps on how to make a pumpkin latte.
1. Brew a strong pot of coffee. You can use your automatic drip machine or a French press. Just make the kind of coffee you like, and make sure it is strong.
2. Pour 1/3 cup of milk in a large coffee mug. Heat it until very hot but not boiling (will vary according to your microwave - probably about 1 minute, 20 seconds).
3. Remove the mug of heated milk. Using an electric frother, froth the milk for about 30 seconds. If you do not have a frother, you can buy one for under $20. One that is excellent is the Aerolatte.
4. After the milk is frothed, pour in 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin flavored creamer, such as International Delight's Pumpkin Pie Spice.
5. Now pour your coffee into the frothed milk and creamer combination. The frothed milk will rise in the cup, giving your beverage a coffee-house look and feel.
6. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top of the frothed milk.
That's it! You have now made a pumpkin latte from the comfort at your home. This coffee drink is delicious and satisfying, and it goes perfectly with your favorite book.
If you want to make a few alterations, consider the following options:
* Add whipped cream as a topping.
* Instead of using pumpkin flavored creamer, add one tablespoon of pumpkin puree, one tablespoon of half and half and one teaspoon of sugar.
* Prepare the pumpkin latte as described and then let it cool. Serve it over ice and enjoy a cool pumpkin beverage.
* Instead of using pumpkin creamer, add a shot of any kind of flavored coffee syrup. One popular brand is Torani flavored syrups, which can be bought online or at various retailers. Torani also offers sugar-free choices.